Inspire yourself and others with your word of intention in color!
What reminder or inspiration would you like? Need some suggestions? Check out the image here, but you can also choose your own!
1” pure copper disc is enameled on both sides and is hung a Niobium (hypoallergenic) ear wire. Sterling silver is available as well.
- Photos in listing are examples only. You will receive your earrings as ordered.
- Please keep in mind that the longer your word, the smaller the lettering.
- Lettering is available only in sepia tone (as pictured) currently.
- After you decide, add your Word Cord choice and Earring Color choice
- I'll get your earrings made and shipped out within 3 business days.
Niobium is a chemical element (symbol Nb). It is a soft, grey metal that is naturally found in the minerals pyrochlore and columbite. Niobium is naturally hypoallergenic and commonly used in a number of medical devices including prosthetics and implants, such as pacemakers. Often used in jewelry making because of its hypoallergenic properties, this metal is a safe choice for anyone with metal allergies.
Each pair of Inspire Me Earrings are handmade in my Vermont studio. Want to know how?
I begin with a sheet of pure copper. The discs are made and formed, and the hole for the er wire is cut out. Following a dip in an acid bath (for cleaning) and a thorough rinsing, each piece is enameled with several coats of enamel (finely ground glass powder) front and back. Between coats of enamel they are fired in my kiln at 1450°.
After 3 coats the lettering is applied and the piece is fired one more time. Each piece is then inspected, and any excess glass is ground off from the sides of the piece before the final sanding.