The inspiration for this one of a kind enameled pendant came on a winter evening as I looked out the kitchen window with a cup of hot cocoa in hand.
Just after sunset it began to snow very lightly. The colors of the sky were stunning deep, rich blues and purples. It was so mesmerizing that I stood there, just watching the day turn into night, unable to turn away to get my camera, for what seemed like hours. I can still see that sky when I close my eyes, it was so enthralling. Imagine a sense of passionate relaxation, I think that’s the closest association I can explain for something that just can’t be put into words.
Pendant and Bail Only, chain sold separately
- Pure copper base
- Color: Purple/Teal/white
- Counter enameled on the back for stability
- 1.25” (31.75mm) in length
- includes sterling silver .925 bail
- chain for display purposes, but available separately in a variety of lengths.
- I use only unleaded enamels and fire each layer at over 1500°
Enamel jewelry is basically care free. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Never use harsh chemicals.
- Jewelry is shipped gift-boxed with anti-tarnish pads so it’s best to store them in there to prevent tarnish from developing.
- Your new enamel jewelry is several layers of finely ground glass fused to copper at temperatures exceeding 1500° and cooled slowly which hardens the glass, but to prevent any accidents the box will keep them safe.
- Use a soft cloth to remove light tarnish periodically and you’ll be fine.
- Tarn-X will pitt your silver and remove the shine so I never advise using it on your ear wires, or any other silver jewelry. A soft polishing cloth (included with your order) is sufficient for excess tarnish.
- For chains on necklaces, I hold mine between my thumb and forefinger and run it gently through a polishing cloth when I take it off to put it away. This helps remove any make-up, lotions, creams that may have been deposited on the silver while wearing it. The same can be done with silver or gold ear wires.