Nature astounds me with its complex and intricate patterns; tree bark, the veins in leaves & flowers, gemstones…you get the idea.
One day on a walk in the nearby forest, I became intrigued by the lichen growing on the rocks and tree bark. For the first time I really looked at it up close, I took the time to really “see” it. I picked up some smaller stones and a few branches from the ground and took them back to my studio. My husband found a large stone on the property and brought it to me. You’d have thought it was Christmas morning by my reaction :)
Full of luscious color and mimicking the lichen growing on rocks & trees, these kiln fired enamel earrings will be admired & cherished by the nature lover in your life
- These earrings measure 1.57" (40mm) for the drop, total length from the top of the ear wire is 2.16" (55mm)
- Handcrafted sterling silver ear wires OR Niobium ear wires*
- Two layers of enamel on back for strength and durability
- Gently curved to provide an appealing dimensional quality
- Due to the process involved, no 2 pair of earrings are exactly alike
- Gift boxed with note card attached
- Clean with a damp, soft cloth
*Niobium is a chemical element (symbol Nb). It is a soft, grey metal that is naturally found in the minerals pyrochlore and columbite. Niobium is naturally hypoallergenic and commonly used in a number of medical devices including prosthetics and implants, such as pacemakers. Often used in jewelry making because of its hypoallergenic properties, this metal is a safe choice for anyone with metal allergies. Niobium does not tarnish so no polishing!