Oval Lichen Enamel Earrings Holiday
New shape! Somewhere between the teardrops and the rounds is the oval, which is a prefered shape of several of my customers. Made just like the rest of the collection, these have been counter-enameled on the back to reduce stress. The enamel (fine glass powder) is then applied in 4 additional layers, fired in the kiln between each layer. The excess glass is ground off and all edges sanded smooth and polished before being attached to the gold-filled ear wires.
- These earrings measure 1.18" 30mm
- Handcrafted Sterling ear wires
- Enamel on back for strength and durability
- Slightly domed to provide an appealing dimensional quality
- Each layer of enamel is applied & fired separately at 1500° I my kiln (total of 6 layers)
- Due to the process involved, no 2 pair of earrings are exactly alike
- Edges have excess glass ground off and sanded smooth
- All jewelry is shipped in a gift box with an anti-tarnish pad, tied with ribbon and a note card is included for your special message. I am also happy to send (complimentary service) directly to your recipient, just let me know what you would like the card to say. (English only, please)
- Packing slips are included with each order however, no financial info is included.
Your new earrings are made with finely ground glass powder fused to copper at 1500° several times. This not only gives this amazingly unique look, but is also hardens the glass. That said, if you throw these on a tile floor or similar surface they could crack. I have tested my techniques by dropping them on a tile floor repeatedly from 7 feet in height and have had no issues (please don’t try this at home :)
If your earrings have sterling silver or gold filled ear wires they will tarnish over time if not stored properly. I will ship your earrings in a gift box with an anti-tarnish pad. If you store them in the same box, this will minimize polishing. Use only a soft cloth to polish.