A special technique with vitreous enamels used in this design renders a truly unique piece of jewelry that can’t be replicated exactly.
They have been counter-enameled on the back to reduce stress. The enamel (fine glass powder) is then applied in 4 layers, fired in the kiln between each layer at 1500°. The excess glass is ground off and all edges sanded smooth and polished before being attached to the Niobium* hypoallergenic ear wires.
- 1.5 inch in length (38.5mm)
- Color: Red/Black/Tan
- Hypoallergenic Niobium* or sterling silver ear wires
- Enameled on both sides to avoid stress fractures
- One of a kind
- All jewelry arrives gift boxed with a small note card for your special message
- Wipe clean with a damp, soft cloth
*Niobium is a chemical element (symbol Nb). It is a soft, grey metal that is naturally found in the minerals pyrochlore and columbite. Niobium is naturally hypoallergenic and commonly used in a number of medical devices including prosthetics and implants, such as pacemakers. Often used in jewelry making because of its hypoallergenic properties, this metal is a safe choice for anyone with metal allergies.