Pendant & Bail
This technique renders a design that reminds me of the lichen growing on rocks and trees on my woodland walks here in Vermont.
Optional sterling silver chain is available for an extra charge.
- Pure copper base
- Color: Red/White/Lime
- Counter enameled on the back for stability
- 1.25” (31.75mm) in length
- sterling silver .925 bail
- chain for display purposes, but available separately in a variety of lengths.
- I use only unleaded enamels and fire each layer at over 1500°
These have been counter-enameled on the back to reduce stress. The enamel (fine glass powder) is then applied in 4 layers, fired in the kiln between each layer. The excess glass is ground off and all edges sanded smooth and polished before being attached to the sterling silver bail.